I hope that you are all still fit and well.
I started to draft this email yesterday evening and circulated committee members for their comments. Since then the PM has upped advice to become instructions and England Athletics have upped their position and all athletics activity is now suspended at least until the end of May and are now mandating that all physical coaching ceases, and only be conducted via virtual means during this period. Bringing groups of people together to train, however small, can no longer be permitted under the strict ‘Stay at home’ measures implemented by the UK Government.
So where does this leave New Marske Harriers?
Presentation evening - postponed from 24th April - we will amalgamate it into our November presentation which I think will probably not include any track & field - see below. Any tickets bought for 28/4 will be valid for the new date 20th November.
The first two NEYDL fixtures have been cancelled with a schedule agreed for confirming/cancelling fixtures for the rest of the season. The 6th Sept (originally the inter league fixture) has been set aside for a possible rescheduled league fixture or NE Champs All NYSD fixtures have today been suspended and although there has been no announcement from the senior league, it will not be significantly different. However, I think the reality will be that no fixtures will take place at least before September.
2020 Subs - despite the above we should try to encourage members to renew. So far 54 Seniors have paid, 81 have not, 26 juniors have, 63 have not. We will extend the discount period for until the end of May (currently ends 31 March), and offer dispensation to anyone that suddenly finds themselves without an income (eg self employed/agency workers) on a case by case basis.
Please use this link to login and renew if you haven’t already done so, and in all cases please make sure you update contact details ie postal address, home phone & mobile numbers and email address.
I have cancelled club road races up to the end of May and suspended entries for the June/July ones - but whilst entries for races later in the year remain open, they have ground to a standstill. Fortunately, so far not many runners have requested refunds for the cancelled races - the default position is full deferral to 2021. Assuming we do get back to some sort of normality that will allow the Redcar Running Festival to go ahead on 27th September, it is inevitable that entries will be down due the re-arranged events like London, Manchester and Sunderland all crowding the calendar at that time.
We now have all permissions etc to go ahead with work on the track and hammer cage - subject to approval by Sirius - there is no reason why this work can't go ahead during the time that the track is closed, subject to coronavirus working restrictions.
Finally, I have attached a single A4 sheet of information regarding Coronavirus detection and prevention that was sent today to NHS staff which I hope you find useful.
Stay safe and where possible stay at home.
Keep Calm and Keep Washing Your Hands!
Chairman, New Marske Harriers